Philadelphia Center for the Book (PCB) and the Art Department of the Free Library of Philadelphia (FLP) are looking for artists to teach book or paper workshops at the Parkway Central Library during winter and spring of 2024. If you are interested, please send us a workshop proposal.
- 6 workshops will be held on Saturday mornings from 10 a.m.-12p.m. between January 2024 and June 2024, at the Parkway Central branch of the Free Library, located at 1901 Vine Street.
- Workshops are capped at 15 participants.
- The workshops are free and open to the public and require registration. No previous experience should be necessary. If your workshop assumes some bookbinding or sewing experience, please mention that.
- The workshops must be beginner level and can be completed in 2 hours.
- PCB provides 15 sets of basic supplies (rulers, bone folders, brushes, scissors, xacto knives, awls, needles, linen thread, cutting mats, glue, etc.) and paper.
- Instructors are compensated $200 for 3 hours of work (30 minutes set up, 2 hours teaching class, 30 minutes clean up). We cannot reimburse you for additional materials. Please see our supply list to see what supplies we will have and inquire about additional materials we may have on hand.
- Workshops are promoted on the PCB and FLP websites, newsletters, and social media. Registration is managed through Eventbrite. Workshops typically fill within hours of opening registration.
Send your proposal to the Art Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Workshop Title
– Workshop Description, including all supplies required
– Short Artist Bio including link to a website or social media if applicable
– Two images of what will be made in the workshop*
*Photos should run in a horizontal or landscape orientation, preferably with a 2:1 ratio (twice as wide as tall). 2160 x 1080 px is a recommended dimension. Pictures can be file types JPEG, BMP, PNG, or GIF and between 500KB and 2MB.
Workshop dates: January 27, February 24, March 30, April 27, May 25, June 29
For more information, or to apply, click here.