215 | 610 CONTEMPORARY Juried Exhibit, juried by Alex Klein, the Dorothy and Stephen R. Weber (CHE’60) Curator at the Institute of Contemporary Art, University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
This is a great opportunity for artists in your community to build an exhibition record and share their work with one of the leading curators in contemporary art. Ms. Klein she has organized numerous exhibitions since 2011 with artists including Linda Goode Bryant, Ane Graff, Barbara Kasten, Michelle Lopez, Nathalie Du Pasquier, Sondra Perry, Suki Seokyeong Kang, and Trevor Shimizu. She is currently engaged in a collaborative research initiative, I is for Institute (2016 – present) which invites individuals working within arts organizations to reflect on the potential to enact structural change within institutions. The project website archives a podcast and over 50 conversations with an international group of curators, directors, and educators. In addition to her role at ICA, she has published and lectured widely. She has served as an agent in the Carnegie Museum of Art’s Hillman Photography Initiative and has held positions in the Wallis Annenberg Photography Department at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), the Roski School of Fine Arts at the University of Southern California (USC), and The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
Here are the details:
• Participants must reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware.
• The non-refundable submission fee is $15 For up to three (3) entries
• All mediums and disciplines are welcome including sculpture, painting, printmaking, drawing, sound, light, and video
• The “emerging artist” is an artist that has established a style of working and creates professional work, yet does not have gallery representation
• Only recent work created within the last three (3) years is eligible (created between 2019 – 2022).
• Submissions chosen to be included in the exhibition are at the discretion of the juror, and not all submissions will be chosen to be displayed
• Work that is altered in any way or substituted after being chosen for the exhibition will be ineligible (the photo of your artwork that you submit is the way you intend it to be displayed)
• The exhibition will be at the Delaware County Community College in November 2022
More information about the exhibition and its history can be found here: https://www.dccc.edu/215610
Submission DEADLINE: Monday, October 3, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST