Each year, Beam Center seeks design proposals for ambitious public artworks that will be brought to life through collaborations between youth and creative big thinkers.
Projects are realized by a community of more than 100 young people at each of our project sites: in New Hampshire (NH), on Governors Island (GI), and in a local NYC community. Winning proposals are selected by a committee composed of Beam Center staff, youth, past project designers, and community members.
Disciplines and Facilities at Beam Center
- Textile-working facilities
- Molding and casting facilities
- Digital Fabrication (CNC routing, Laser-cutting, 3D printing, Vinyl Cutting)
- Electronics and Physical Computing capabilities
Award, Project Budget, and Selected Artist Expectations
- For each selected project artists receive a $5,000 award
- Selected projects have approximately $15,000 fabrication budget
- Selected artists should have a general understanding of the processes, techniques, and materials involved in their proposal
- Selected artists must be available for bi-weekly meetings beginning 6 months before project completion in order to facilitate any necessary development, prototyping, and problem solving
- Selected artists must be able to provide plans according to the project development schedule listed below
For more information, click here.
To apply, click here.